- Images from my series "Cruel Story of Youth" are featured in the November issue of GEO magazine out of Germany.
- An interview with MARIE CLAIRE (South Africa) in the November 2014 issue about processing grief through the making of my series, "Left Behind".
- Interview for VICE magazine by Tom Griggs about "Gyrle": Visions of Lorelei: Intimate Photographs Of A Woman In Transistion.
- Honored to receive the Juror Selection Award by Shane Lavalette for the OPEN exhibition at The Center for Fine Art Photography in Colorado.
Exhibition Dates | Dec. 5th 2014- Jan 10th, 2015
Public + Artists’ Reception | Dec 5th 6-9 pm
- Los Angeles Times: Barbara Davidson interviews me about "Left Behind" for the September 7th, 2014 Sunday print edition.
- Huffington Post: Senior Arts & Culture editor, Katherine Brooks writes about "Left Behind".
- AI-AP.com: "Left Behind" is the Spotlight feature.
- ART Magazin, Germany: My series "Zeig Mal" and an interview featured in ART.
- CNNPHOTO: After her mom passed away in February 2013, Jennifer Loeber was compelled to hold on to even the “most mundane” of her mom’s possessions. To cope with the loss and achieve catharsis, she juxtaposed these objects with vintage photos to make a special kind of memorial.
- Up, Close & Personal Curated by Ruben Natal-San Miguel
Opening reception: Friday, April 4, 6p - 9p (April 4, 2014 - May 13, 2014)
FUCHS PROJECTS 56 Bogart St. #1E Brooklyn 11206
From the shocking to the beautiful, "Up, Close & Personal" explores the relationships between artists and their intimate concerns, ideas and processes.
Amy Elkins, Sheri Lyn Behr, Dawoud Bey, Carolyn Marks Blackwood, Timothy Briner, Luis Carle, David Carol, Michal Chelbin, Adrian Chesser, Jon Feinstein, Rafael Fuchs, Dana Hoey, Jeremy Kost, Mona Kuhn, Annie Leibovitz, Lisa Levy, Jennifer Loeber, Ruben Natal-San Miguel, Cara Phillips, Alex Prager, Carlo Van der Roer, Ariana Page Russell, Tyler Shields, Bayete Ross Smith, Trey Speegle, Zoe Strauss, Bill Sullivan, Hank Willis Thomas, Betty Tompkins, Phil Toledano, Michael Wolf.
- PORTRAIT Magazine, Paris France:
A 8 page in-depth interview and essay by Adele Ponticelli about my series "Cruel Story of Youth" is featured in the inaugural issue of PORTRAIT Magazine.
- NEW YORK TIMES INSTAMEET: Selected by Kathy Ryan and the editors of the New York Times to be one of 10 photographers to shoot at the New York Times Printing Facility for the first Instameet.
- LENSCULTURE: My series "Left Behind" is selected as an Editor's Pick at Lensculture.
- FRACTION MAGAZINE: Work from my series "Zeig Mal" is featured in Issue 59 of Fraction Magazine and Limited Edition prints of one image from the series are being sold through FRACTION EDITIONS
- VISION MAGAZINE, CHINA, Feature: A four page feature of work from my series, CRUEL STORY OF YOUTH in the latest issue of VISION MAGAZINE.
- UNITED PHOTO INDUSTRIES, IT'S A THIN LINE BETWEEN LOVE AND HATE, 2013: An image from CRUEL STORY OF YOUTH was included in this group exhibition.
- PDN's EMERGING PHOTOGRAPHER: David Carol writes about my work in PDN: "Jennifer Loeber, Cruel Story of Youth"
- PRISM MAGAZINE #08: CRUEL STORY OF YOUTH featured in the November/December issue.
- ATHENS PHOTO FESTIVAL, Hellenic Center For Photography: Shortlisted for CRUEL STORY OF YOUTH. (October, 2012)
- DAEGU PHOTO BIENNALE, SOUTH KOREA: Twenty images from CRUEL STORY OF YOUTH will be exhibited in the 2012 Daegu Photo Biennale in South Korea.
Opening reception: September 20th - October 28th, 2012
The exhibition will not present a generic portrait of adolescence but rather brings together work done by photographers dealing with a variety of issues related to pre-adults. How does this age group keep distance with adults? What are their archetypes and what is the youth code?
"Jennifer Loeber, Martine Fougeron, Ryan McGinley and Dona Schwartz respond to the gestures and places which link adolescents."
Stephanie Marie Couson
Ji Hyun Kwon
Ole John Aandal
In A Jang
Sung Jin Park
- CENTER FORWARD 2012: One of my images was selected for inclusion in the Center Forward 2012 exhibit at The Center for Fine Art Photographyin Colorado.
- PHOTOVILLE: FOTOVISURA'S WOMEN IN PHOTOGRAPHY: Eight images from CRUEL STORY OF YOUTH will be exhibited during Photoville in Dumbo, Brooklyn as part of Fotovisura's Women In Photography exhibition.
- June 30th, 2012 8:30pm
- The FotoVisura Pavilion Sponsored by the Viso Lizardi Family . Curated by Adriana Teresa and Graham Letorney, FotoVisura's International Photography Community celebrates a night projection dedicated to Women in Photography. Featuring personal projects by emerging artists worldwide, this projection is a testimony to the powerful bodies of work produced by female photographers today.
- LA LETTRE DE LA PHOTOGRAPHIE: CRUEL STORY OF YOUTH as been selected by Sam Stourdzé, director of the Musée de l’Elysée and the editor-in-chief of the magazine ELSE for the weekend portfolio on La Lettre de la Photographie.
- GRIFFIN MUSEUM: Honored to have been selected by Juror Paul Kopeikin to be included in the Griffin Museum's 18th Juried Show. July 19 - Sept 2 Opening Reception July 19, 7:00
- FORWARD THINKING MUSEUM: Selected as runner-up in the Forward Thinking Museum's quarterly call for entries. Jurors: Phillip S. Block, Deputy Director of Programs at International Center of Photography; Karen Sinsheimer, Curator of Photography at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art; Ed Kashi, Photojournalist, filmmaker and educator.
- FRACTION MAGAZINE: An image from Cruel Story of Youth was selected to be in the 4th anniversary issue of Fraction Magazine by David Bram.
- UTNE: Images from Cruel Story of Youth are featured on Utne reader, June 1st, 2012.
- aCURATOR: A portfolio of Cruel Story of Youth images are featured on Julie Grahame's aCurator series.
- DAILY SERVING: Contributing writer Allie Haeusslein has chosen my "Cruel Story of Youth" series for her monthly profile, and generously draws comparisons with the work of Jim Goldberg and Joel Sternfeld.
- VILLAGE VOICE: I photographed comedians Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim for the Village Voice, February 22, 2012
- PDN PHOTO OF THE DAY: An image from my series Cruel Story of Youth was featured in PDN's Photo of the Day on June 21, 2011.
- EXHIBTION: "CAMP: Visiting Day", Curated by Ariel Shanberg at The Center for Photography At Woodstock. June 11th- August 28th, 2011
Featuring works in photography and video by
GAY BLOCK (Santa Fe, NM)
ADRAIN CHESSER (Seattle, WA)
ANTHONY GOICOLEA (Brooklyn, NY)
LAUREN GREENFIELD (Venice, CA)
JENNIFER LOEBER (Brooklyn, NY)
ALBERT J. WINN (Los Angeles, CA)
The Center for Photography at Woodstock (CPW) is pleased to announce CAMP: Visiting Day curated by CPW's Director Ariel Shanberg. Inspired by the Catskill's historic ties to sleep away camps, this exhibition features artists who knowingly revisit the magical realm where youth reigns, adulthood emerges, secret selves are revealed, an identity is transformed.
- DARKROOM RESIDENCY: Happy to announce that I've won a darkroom residency at the Camera Club of New York. Many thanks to John Stanley for this wonderful opportunity.
CRITICAL MASS FINALIST, 2010 - Honored to be awarded finalist in Photolucida's 2010 Critical Mass.
CENTER AWARDS, 2010 - Cruel Story of Youth was awarded Honorable Mention in the juried Project Competition of the 2010 CENTER AWARDS by:
- Tina Kukielski- Senior Curatorial Assistant, Whitney Museum
- Nion McEvoy- CEO, Chronicle Books
- Markus Seewald, Photo Editor, GEO Magazine
- REVIEW SANTA FE, 2010 - I've been selected to show my series Cruel Story of Youth at this year's Review Santa Fe (juried portfolio review) at CENTER NM.
- PROJECT 5 - I've been selected to show my work at Project 5, a unique collaboration between Amador Gallery, ClampArt, Daniel Cooney Fine Art, Foley Gallery and Sasha Wolf Gallery.
- GUP MAGAZINE - GUP Magazine #21, Young At Heart- a 12 page feature portfolio of Cruel Story of Youth.
- LOST AT E MINOR MAGAZINE - Featured in New Photography section.
- FEATURE SHOOT - Cruel Story of Youth featured by Alison Zavos of Feature Shoot.
- CONVERSATION AT NYMPHOTO - Interviewed by Nina Büsing Corvallo about Cruel Story of Youth and Zeig Mal series.
- SCOPE Art Fair, March 4 – 8, 2009 at Lincoln Center (62nd Street at 10th Avenue), Amani Olu Projects, Booth D01. Image from Zeig Mal.
- EXHIBITION: BARE - Curated by Joerg Colberg / Michael Mazzeo Gallery
- 526 W.26th St New York, NY December 11th- January 24, 2009
- WE CAN'T PAINT: PROJECTS - Images from the Zeig Mal series and other selected works are currently featured on the We Can't Paint gallery site: PROJECTS
- 1000 WORDS PHOTOGRAPHY - A write-up of my work was featured on 1000 Words by Tim Clark.
- PHOTOSHELTER - I now have stock representation at Photo Shelter.
- FOLIOBROWSER.COM - My work was selected to be part of a slideshow presentation curated by Rob Haggart of aphotoeditor.com and presented to the industry's top photo editors, buyers and collectors.
- ADOBE - Adobe purchased several images as part of their new Photoshop Express.
- EXPOSURE COMPENSATION INTERVIEW - I was recently interviewed by Exposure Compensation about my new series, my work and my influences HERE.
- GOTHAMIST INTERVIEW - I was interviewed by Gothamist about my Zeig Mal series, read it here.
- MISTIN GALLERY SHOW / TAKING FACE SHOW - My portrait work is included in the 'Taking Faces' group show at the White Wall Gallery in Detroit Michigan on September 29th.
- HEY HOT SHOT CONTENDER - My image 'Greta in a Minivan', 2007 is featured on the HeyHot Shot blog of the Jen Bekman gallery.
- PRIX DE LA PHOTOGRAPHIE HONORABLE MENTION - I received honorable mention for several images from my 'FishKill' series at this years PX3 Prix De La Photographie Paris, 2007.
- HUMBLE ARTS FOUNDATION SHOW - I have several works in this upcoming show of emerging photographers:
- ‘GROUP SHOW’ at New Century Artists will feature the work of 21 different photographers, all contributors to group show in the past.
Photographers in the show are a diverse group including filmmakers (documentarian and photographer Jennifer Loeber), art advocates/activists (Interrupt Art founding member Mikael Kennedy), academics (Ahndraya Parlato, a lecturer at the California College of the Arts and professor at Ithaca College), internationally exhibited artists (Rachel Sussman), and successful commercial photographers (Getty-represented Marc McAndrews).
New Century Artists Gallery
530 W.25th Street New York, NY
March 13-24, 2007 / Opening reception March 15th 6-9pm